Monday 8 June 2009

The great escape.

Hello everybody.

My plan today was to get up at 4.30 am for an early start to Palma. As it happened I was in the kitchen already at 3.00 am.
The reason was not to enjoy the sunrise while reading Burns.

I don't have a sixth sense but there was definitely something going on in the kitchen.

An escape of massive proportions had taken place and to clear it up involved the use of a mop and a bucket. I also had to improve my DIY puppy box which included the use of cordless drills, anglegrinders and routers.
Still nobody else woke up.

Something had to be done so we cleared out the whole room and cleaned it this afternoon.

This is the new puppybox designed today. It is bigger with high walls to prevent escapes. It could be nicer but I have to keep them inside at night. They spend all day outside so it's only at night they are going to be in it.
I may be wrong but my thinking is that when the puppies are going to their new homes we don't want them to have the habit of running around the kitchen at night demanding food.
So it's all about establishing a routine. Tonight we will feed them at 9.00pm as usual and let them do their business which they do very nicely just after feeding. After that we are turning down the sleeping quarters and inviting them inside.
Most of the puppies refuse to do their thing on anything else than The Telegraph so that's what we are lining the floor with.
This is the entrance to the puppybox. We tried it when the children came home from school. The children were very enthusiastic. The puppies were somewhat reluctant to go through the door but I expect them to run through it tomorrow when we open it.
So that's it for now. We are all going for an early evening tonight. I have another early start so I'll have to be really quiet tomorrow morning.
Cheers, Per

1 comment:

  1. Great pic, the last one! One wonders who's the most puppy like, Hillevi or the dogs... ;) Great hand stand, BTW. I never managed that freely when I was her age...

    /Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete