Wednesday 3 June 2009

Stop press Dublin 2009

Good morning.

I just had a phone call from Terri at Glenturret. Flexis dad from Finland has won a fine prize in a dog show in Dublin. I looked on the web and it seems like a pretty big brouhaha.

Today is a fabulous day here. A little bit too much hot as we foreigners say.
This is milk attack at 6.30 in the morning. We kept the puppies outside until 9.30 last night. We then fed them and put them to bed. They slept like logs until 6.30 when I came down for a quiet cup of tea and a moment of contemplation.

The kettle spurred a lot of activity in the puppy sleeping quarters so I carried them out in the garden and gave them food but first Flexi experienced their fierce hunger.

I have tried several days to get a picture of a puppy drinking water but I'm always too late.
I guess I never had the patience and talent of David Attenborough's.

Tummy full. Time to play and then sleep behind the BBQ until lunch .

The registration paper work is being processed right now at the Kennel Club. We will provide a registration certificate with a code on it which corresponds with the chip that will be placed under the skin in the puppy's neck. This chip can be read by for instance veterinarians and customs officers in order to be able to positively identify the dog.

The puppies should be vaccinated around two months of age. I have been recommended to leave that to the owner's and their local veterinerians. That way any non normal reaction to the vaccine can be coped with locally.

That's it for now. I'll run some errands and round it off with a spot of lunch at the sailing club.

Got to enjoy it while it lasts.

Cheers, Per


No comments:

Post a Comment